New Home Page Police
$ 2,000 REWARD - Mario Whitfield Homicide Please call Detective Chris Kovach at (440) 204-2168 for information on this homicide.
$ 2000 REWARD - Darmis Crawford Homicide Please call Captain Roger Watkins at 440-204-2105 with any information regarding this homicide.
311 Non-Emergency Lorain Police Number Dial 311 from any landline Centurytel phone to be connected directly to our Police Dispatchers
Commend/Complaint If you would like to commend an officer/employee, or if you have a complaint, please call our Office of Professional Standards at 440-204-2116.
Drug Tip Line Drug Tip Line: 440-204-2108
Information on Recent Homicides To provide information on recent homicides or shootings, call Detectives at 440-204-2105.
PUBLIC SAFETY WARNING 21 Overdoses & 3 deaths in 48 hours involving dangerous narcotic being sold as heroin.
Report an Emergency Report an emergency or crime in progress, dial 9-1-1.
Report Non-Emergency To report non-emergency situations or crimes that are not in progress, dial 440-204-2100, or if calling within the City of Lorain on a landline phone, dial 3-1-1
Unsolved Homicide Reward being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the shooting deaths of two Lorain teenagers, as well as the city's other unsolved homicides.

In Memoriam

Killed in the Line of Duty



Officer Fred J. Webber

December 23, 1923

Patrolman Fred J. Webber, 37, was shot twice during the apprehension of a "drunk, crazed gunman". At about 11:00 PM, Patrolman Webber was sent to the Nickleplate Restaurant on Broadway on a disturbance call. Upon arrival, Patrolman Webber began chasing the gunman on foot. Several shots rang out as the gunman and assisting officers exchanged gunfire. Patrolman Webber apprehended the gunman, at which time they wrestled to the pavement. As assisting officers arrived, they found both Ptlm Webber and the gunman wounded. The gunman was shot once in the arm. Patrolman Webber was shot once in the back with the bullet entering his heart, and a second bullet tearing his shirt collar. He died at the scene, still clutching the gunman. An investigation indicated the Ptlm Webber’s fatal wound might have been from friendly fire. The gunman was charged with shooting with the intent to kill, but only served about a year in prison before being released.