Going on Vacation?
We believe your vacation is important quality family time, and you shouldn’t have to worry about the security of your home while you’re away. Let us know when you’re leaving, and the Lorain Police Department will perform daily (exterior) security inspections of your home while you are on vacation. You may accomplish this by one of two ways; whichever is most convenient for you. These options are as follows:
- Notify us by phone at (440) 204-2100
- Come to the police department in person at 100 West Erie Avenue and complete a vacation home report before leaving on vacation.
The Lorain Police Department will need the following information to complete a vacation/unoccupied home report:
- Date of Departure
- Date of Return
- Local Emergency Contact(s) (name, address, phone)
- Deliveries discontinued (mail, paper- recommended) ?
- Location of night-lights
- Persons authorized on property (name, relationship)
- Any pets on property?
NOTE: We will discontinue the vacation check as per your return date listed. If for any reason you return early or stay longer, it will be necessary to call us at (440) 204-2100 to continue/discontinue the watch.